Sunday, May 5, 2013

Neo Geo MVS




Neo Geo MVS:
Picked this up locally, just a few miles from my house. It's a 4-slot board in a 2-slot cab. Came with 3 games, puzzle bobble, magician lord, last blade. I pulled the carts out and added a 161 in 1 multicart.

Problems as purchased:
1) The memory card readers are not there. Not sure if I care.
2) Control panel overlay. The overlay was pretty ratty. I replaced it with a vinyl one. Lesson learned: some vinyl overlays are NOT die cut, which means you have to hand cut them with scissors or a knife. This might sound easy enough, but it's a HUGE pain. ALWAYS purchase the die cut option.
3) PCB was loose and not screwed down. Didn't realize this until I got it home and noticed the board was loose and had fallen down. Luckily no damage.
4) Test switch not wired up. Need to fix this, current using a paperclip to enable test mode.




No comments:

Post a Comment